Friday, March 7, 2008

Potty Talk

This picture says a lot about how potty training is going for Owen:




Owen is now 3 months shy of 3 years old. One day he will be King of the potty, keeping a dry diaper for hours. The next he refuses to go near the toilet - feet planted on the floor - screaming "Nooooo Thank You..."

I can count on my hand (note - not plural) how many times he has pooped on the toilet. Three. Those stickers you see all over his potty are for peeing. We ask him if he has to go potty and we can get a variety of answers:

I peed already in my diaper
I peed already today
I will poo next week
No thank you...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6:30 this morning Owen is wandering the hallway while I am brushing my teeth and changing to go to work. I hear him in the bathroom, and ask what he is doing...this is what follows:

Owen: I have poop on my fingers and poop on the floor.

Me: What! (run down the hallway).

Owen is standing on his stool with poop all over his little fingers, pants around the ankles, diaper on the bathtub, large pool of poop on the floor. He has already attempted to clean off his hands, so now there is poop on the counter and poop on the faucet. The poop on the floor means he missed the toilet, so there is also poop all over his legs and in his Cars pajamas. I half expect to find a poop trail to his bedroom. Good for him for trying to go potty. But what a mess at 6:30 am.

1 comment:

Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

Yuck! I canèt say that I have ever had one of those experiences... yet!